Working at Spruce
We are currently searching for a Retail and Online Merchant!
Left or right, you don’t choose favorites when it comes to your brain. You’ll need both spheres as a part of the Spruce team. A keen eye for design is natural for you, but you’re also able to solve problems and get things done in an efficient manner. Our core mission is to make people happy, and to connect people with flowers. Your ability to create works of art, and think creatively to make people feel good is paramount to your success at Spruce. You will wear many hats, from aforementioned happy-maker, to a keen eye and passion for design, to being able to confidently problem solve and decent computer skills. As a merchant at Spruce, you will need to bring a core set of skills to succeed. You’ll be able to stretch and grow your creativity, but also be humbled by taking pride in keeping a neat and tidy store. (ie: taking out the trash from time-to-time.)
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build relationships with customers in the store, on the phone, or online
- Maintain visual aesthetic of the store, including general cleaning and merchandising maintenance
- Manage day-to-day efforts to make people happy
As the merchant responsible for MERCHANDISING/MARKETING, you will:
- Assist Creative Director in planning and executing day-to-day social media, email, and blog campaigns
- Make content updates to web as necessary
- maintain online flower type gallery
- manage class schedules
- coordinate with BUYER and LEAD DESIGNER to add new products to the web
- maintain wedding photo gallery, working with WEDDING COORDINATOR to secure professional photographer images
16 - 24 hours per week (possibly more during wedding season and peak Holidays) This is retail, so weekend availability is required.
- Minimum of 3 years design experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign
- Experience working with Shopify, MailChimp a major plus!
- Can-do spirit and demonstrated enthusiasm for helping people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use technology (iMacs, iPhones, iPads) and associated software/apps to perform daily operations